Ryan and I will celebrate our 10 year Anniversary in August. We've always planned to do some sort of fun vacation to celebrate. When we found out we were pregnant and would have a baby we figured we could still do something in August and bring the baby along, but when we found out we were having twins we decided we'd have to celebrate a little early.
My cousin Kassie and her little girl Dakota were planning to come out to visit in April and she kindly said she'd come out a little longer and watch our kids while we went somewhere... THANK YOU SO MUCH! We ended up taking a nice relaxing trip (April 1st-April 5th) to Fort Meyer's Beach, Florida...
Ready and in need of a little rest and relaxation!
We stayed at a nice hotel called the Pink Shell Resort and Spa...

this was our cute little rental car and kitchenette in our room
this was our cute little rental car and kitchenette in our room
I had to get pictures of Ryan doing a little work, what vacation would be complete without business calls, email exchanges and constant checking of my favorite device.... the blackberry! "Vacation Ryan" is much more fun than "work Ryan" (pictured below next to the pirate)
Bathing Beauties?????????????
This is as good as it's going to get being 26 weeks pregnant with twins!
at least Ryan is adorable:)
from our hotel room we also had a view of Sanibel Island across the way... we took a day trip over to check out the light house, collect some cool shells and check out the shops...
One of Cooper's preschool teacher's recommended an ice cream shop called Love Boat that was AMAZING!
I think Love Boat has it right, "Love is ice cream for two!"

two of the three pools at our hotel... the kids would have loved them
two of the three pools at our hotel... the kids would have loved them
Ryan reminding me of Cooper
next up...
buying a mini-van (yikes) and having a family of six (yikes again!)

7 comments:
Amanda, you look soo amazing. I can't believe that you are pregnant with twins. You look awesome. We just got a mini-van (yikes) but actually it is the greatest. Sooo convenient and kid friendly. I'm glad that you two were able to get away for some alone time.
Im glad you guys got a vaca before the twins came! Next you'll be having the twins and it will be so much fun! Seriously its so fun and its not that hard. Everyone makes it sound horrible but its not! If you have any questions or need some advice just give me a call or email. Love you guys
Can you believe it's been ten years!!! OMGosh, you're getting so old! JK...Rick and I will also be celebrating our 10th anniversary this year! ;) I wish we had plans for something nice too, but no such luck! Good for you...going on a well deserved vaca, and preggo with twins, too! Still unbelievable! Congrats again!
Smart move to take some time for yourselves before you become a family of 6!!!!!! I love your preggo belly, I'm still waiting for it to turn into a twin belly that you seem to be escaping or hiding half of somehow.
Amanda-you look AWESOME!! My face would be do fat by this point! So glad you could get away before all the chaos starts!!
I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago!
Oh a beach, I'm jealous, plus you look great for being prego with twins. It's almost time.
Post a Comment