Thursday, July 16, 2009

Better keep an even closer eye on...

Cooper AND Adrienne.
Cooper and Adrienne have been wonderful with the boys and really wanted to be involved. I keep a REALLY close eye on Cooper because sometimes his "love" is a bit much. Adrienne I don't worry much about and she usually asks permission to do things involving the twins if she's not sure if she should or not.
Adrienne and Oliver...
I was getting Oliver out of his car seat today and noticed he had a little green on his upper lip. As I looked closer and noticed the light green color was all around his lips... I was really confused and was trying to think of where that could have come from... his pacifier? I wasn't sure until I remembered that when the kids ran in with Ryan to his work they came back with some candy and I remember thinking that Adrienne had gotten a green sucker. I looked at Adrienne and before I could get my question of "Did you give Oliver a sucker" she blurted out in a guilty voice "I didn't know babies couldn't have suckers...I didn't know mom... I'm sorry"
Cooper and Sullivan...
Today Ryan and I were cleaning up the kitchen. Sullivan was swinging in the swing right by the kitchen and Cooper had just finished playing with play-doh. I had gotten the vacuum and was busy sucking up all of the lovely dry bits of play-doh when I glanced up and saw that the swing was still swinging, but Sullivan wasn't in the swing. I thought, hmmm I didn't notice Ryan moving him. I went around the corner expecting Ryan had moved Sullivan to the port-a-crib.... hmmm still no Sullivan. I looked around, no Cooper!!!!, "Ryan where is Sullivan?!" He casually answers, "He's in the swing." "No he's not!" which is when I started running down stairs, no Cooper, and then upstairs in fear of what I might find. There I found Cooper holding our little guy as carefully as a naughty little boy knew how. Thankfully he was safe and sound!
a few pictures for the grandparents...

Good thing we have two arms and some creativity!

These next pictures, just make me laugh! I love Oliver's face in all of them. Its like he's looking at Sullivan and thinking "what is the deal with this dude...

one minute he's Mr. Happy I just got a bath...

and the next minute he's screaming like a banshee... doesn't he know that hurts my little ears?
It's also strange that this dude looks like a bigger version of me... I'm so confused"

6 comments:

Ward Family said...

Love your Cooper stories! Looks like you guys are doing well. Prettty cute little guys!

Digital Zone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ferndale said...

And Cooper strikes again. Gotta watch that kid!

Robyn said...

Oh my word- that Cooper!! You just can't take your eyes off of him for a minute. He's such a funny kid though!!!

burton family said...

I just realized how tiny they are by seeing them on the carpet side by side!!!
I love the stories of the kids "helping" that is why the youngest ones turn out to be the toughest, they have to survive their siblings.

Jessica said...

What a trip having older kids with newborn twins! What baby babe wouldn't want a sucker? Your photos make me miss t my teeny tiny twin baby babes.