Friday, January 23, 2009
YOU NOT MAD!
We were ready for preschool early the other morning, so I let Cooper play some computer games to pass the time. When it was time to leave I could not get him off of the computer. I kept telling him over and over to come, it was getting late, he could play games later, let's go, I'm leaving you, etc. I finally got him downstairs, practically sat on him to get his shoes on and the next thing I know he's taken his shoes off and thinks he's funny. So, I pin him down again and get his shoes on. By this time we're totally late and I am not a happy mom. As I'm dragging him into the garage I slam the door behind me in frustration. Cooper says, "DON'T DO THAT WITH THE DOOR." I reply, "Well, I'm SORRY, but I'm mad." He responds, "YOU NOT MAD, YOU HAPPY!!" As I buckle him into his car seat I look at him and say, "Do I look happy?" As I get into the drivers seat I hear him frustratedly trying to think of a response and then he finally blurts out, "YOU NOT MAD, YOU JUST FREAKIN' OUT!" I was glad he couldn't see my face, but I couldn't help but laugh at my funny little Cooper and I couldn't be mad anymore. Really, how can one child make me so frustrated and laugh so hard all in the same minute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is hilarious. They make it so hard to stay mad for very long.
Ah hah ha ha!! HIlarious!
I had a morning like this too. Yesterday, in fact. And WOW! You're having twins. Congrats!
P.S. You're lookin' fine.
that was so funny. leave it to a kid to tell you how you are REALLY feeling!
Post a Comment