Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pumpkin harvest, naps & mistletoe

Last year Adrienne picked out a cute white pumpkin at our annual trip to Homestead Farms. This year our October was so crazy we never made it to Homestead Farms... the kids missed the hayride and picking out their very own pumpkin and I'm still sad I missed my yearly piece of caramel apple pie. Anyway, that white pumpkin from last year disintegrated under our bushes out front last year and we were pleasantly surprised when we discovered pumpkins vines growing in September. There were several flowers and we thought we might get a nice little harvest. Little is right... we couldn't go to the farm this year, but the farm came to us in the form a very very small white perfect pumpkin and it made Miss Adrienne very happy!
We have had a wonderful November and enjoyed a week vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina over Thanksgiving (see slide show below). I have many things and people to be thankful for. One thing I'm very thankful for is pictured below...
Cooper is 4 1/2 and is still taking naps! He's getting harder to put to bed at night and the naps are probably winding down, but I don't know if I would have gotten through the last year without them! I couldn't resist taking a picture of Cooper today when I found him sound asleep with his toy weed whacker in his hand... funny kid!
DECEMBER is here! I can't believe it! The babies celebrated December 1st by breaking out some of their Christmas wears. They received some really cute Christmas clothes for baby presents and we'll be rotating through them for the next month... so fun! I love Christmas!

O & S

3 comments:

Becky said...

Accidental gardening - the best kind!

Robyn said...

That's so crazy about the pumpkin growing in your yard. That little white pumpkin was so cute and perfect! I love it!!

Robyn said...

Oh and hooray for Christmas outfits!!