Friday, December 11, 2009

Tacky Christmas Sweater Party...

2nd annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Party

The above picture is blurry, but it was the best picture that showed that yes indeedy my Christmas tree sweater now lights up! I wore this sweater last year and thought I needed a little improvement... when I came across a pack of battery operated Christmas lights I knew just what to do! I tacked them on my sweater of course. I also had a nice little tree lighting count down with the kids (they loved it!) before I took off for the night.

We all met at a local restaurant (going out in public was key) wearing some very questionable Christmas sweaters and accessories. We exchanged white elephant gifts, talked, laughed, ate, received questioning looks from nearby tables and three special ladies received awards for their lovely looks...
3rd Place went to Adele who received a tacky (or at least I thought so:) ornament
2nd Place to Jill... it's hard to tell, but those flowers are out of puffy paint or something similar and we loved the fake collar... she recieved the lovely snowman headband.
~
1st prize went to one of these ladies...

The Sweater Vest gang... Emily, Robyn, Tiffany and Wendi... it was a hard decision, but the ponsettia lady, aka Tiffany ended up winning... we also knew she'd LOVE the 1st Place prize which was a Twilight 2010 Calendar!

I'm NOT a fan of wearing "Hello my name is" stickers, but thought it was appropriate for the tackiness of the evening!
Carrie, Wendi, Jill & Nadine
Katie, Deanna & Tran
Tricia & Stephanie
Katie & Emily
Kim, Me & Jill
Thanks ladies for a very funny evening!

5 comments:

The McArthur Family said...

Wish I could have been there! Looks like soooo much fun!

Jessica Farmer said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Maybe i could talk our group into doing something like that next year!!

Robyn said...

Nice lights on your sweater. Are they from IKEA? I have some too- have them on my Christmas wreath. Looks like your party was a lot of fun!

Jessica said...

Man, that looked like fun!

daveandlisa said...

Those are all VERY awful sweaters. :o) Looks like you guys all had tons of fun. I love these kind of posts cause it is so much fun being able to see everyone again. I MISS ALL OF YOU GUYS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!