Sunday, September 7, 2008

GOP Convention 2008

This is Ryan. As many of you know, the company I work for does work for the McCain campaign, so this past week I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Republican National Convention. What a ride! Here is a list of a few memories and some pictures: How Hurricane Gustav started the convention on a somber, yet "country first" note; some of the best ribs in the world at Market Place BBQ, we ate there three times (look it up if you are ever in Minneapolis); The One Campaign Party with Daughtry (and how Jason (our creative director) ran up to the front, snapped pictures with one hand and video taped with the other, and talked some random lady out of her camera battery when his ran out, completely true); Rage Against the Machine's concert down the street from the hotel and hundreds of the policemen and policewomen in full riot gear, while we go walking in that direction right as the concert is letting out (we didn't know that at the time); not having to worry about parking anywhere; my head not hitting the pillow until at least 2 am every night (morning); sitting behind the family/friends box during Rudy's and Governor Palin's speech; the candy bar and kobe beef mini burgers and fries at the Google/Vanity Fair party; playing some good 'ole inner city ball at the downtown Minneapolis YMCA; running into numerous reporters/celebrities (as good as you can get for the GOP convention) on the floor; feeling greatly energized after having worked on this for nearly 2 years.

Here are some pictures:

3 comments:

Jason said...

I plead the 5th. But the ribs were cash in the bank!!!!

Kirstyn said...

So I just tried posting and it wouldn't let me for some reason, so hopefully you don't get 2 from me for some reason.
So I've been wondering who you campaign for over there. Glad to hear it is for McCain:) That is really neat that you got to go to that and be a part of it. Great Pictures! The only place you get good BBQ is in the Midwest, seriously. Did I ever tell you have such a cute family?

E said...

Yes, I am jealous! How awesome.