Thursday, September 11, 2008

I bigger now?

Tuesday morning was Cooper's first day of preschool. That morning I told him he could wear his new shoes and he asked, "I bigger now?"
I told him he was big enough to go to preschool and he was so "sited" (excited). I was worried that the excitement would turn into hesitation once we got to school, but he did great. He hung up his backpack, "I do it myself" and happily greeted his teacher Miss Pat and assistant teacher "Miss Chelle" (Miss Michelle). He went straight in and sat down at the table and while busily getting out play-doh waved to me and said "bye mom" and then told his teacher, "that's my mom" as I left.
I was so happy that he did so well, but there was part of me that thought, I hope he misses his mommy a little:)


Our big boy heading to his first day of preschool in the Bunny Class...

A little ice cream celebration for a great first day!
Who eats ice cream like this? Cooper of course... and after his bite in the middle he preceded to eat from the bottom up, it was lots of fun:)
Besides preschool, Cooper has been doing something else that big boys do... going in the potty of course! I took this little video of Cooper on the potty a while ago...
Warning: this footage contains the word poopy, but I had to share because it really does make Ryan and I SO HAPPY!

10 comments:

H&HJohnsen said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe that he is big enough to go to preschool. I like the video, very cute. Did you guys survive the floods? We were thinking about you. Hope you are well. Love, Heather

Matt, Katie, Jayden, Jolie & Harlie said...

Okay he looks so big in those pictures. I know he's getting big, but he seriously looks like a 5 year old ready for kindergarten. Too cute. Hey, a little bird told me you guys might be coming over in January? Do I need to set that little bird straight or is he on the right path?

Jill said...

I felt the same way when I left Lizzie at school last year and this year. Miss Pat is great though. Liz just loved her. Oh, and I love Cooper's poop video. Very funny.

Natalie C. said...

That video is just too cute.

Lea said...

Congrats to Cooper! What a big boy.

daveandlisa said...

What a big boy!!!! So cute.

M & J Bowerbank said...

He looks so happy!

annalise castor said...

I love that video. it was so so darling!

Ben said...

Noah is going to miss cooper this year! We will have to get together!

Britni said...

Wow, as much as I don't miss nursery, I do miss hanging out with Cooper. He's a pretty cute kid :)