Monday, September 22, 2008

One year older and wiser too, happy birthday to you!

Ryan turned 31 yesterday... he's getting so old:) He had a pretty mellow birthday, which I think at the rate we've been going was very welcomed. He had church meetings at 6:30am and since I was too lazy to get up that early to fix him something fun for breakfast I bought him a carton of half and half and frosted flakes cereal and told him to enjoy. Usually Ryan is running late to his church meetings and rarely grabs breakfast. Yesterday morning, knowing there was half and half in the fridge, he managed to make some time for some cereal.

We had church from 8-11am, lounged around the house, Ryan took the kids to the park while I iced his cake, took naps, had dinner, had friends over for cake and ice cream and called it a day!

Happy Birthday Ryan and no this is not your birthday week:)

Since Ryan's year has been eat, drink and sleep McCain, I couldn't pass up a little McCain reminder in the decorating of his cake:)

Cooper and his new B.F.F. Emily



2 comments:

H&HJohnsen said...

Happy Birthday Ryan. You guys look great. We miss you!! heather

flem-fam said...

What? No birthday week? You really are a mean mom!