Tuesday, May 26, 2009

telling the truth?

Lately we've been trying to talk to Cooper about always telling the truth...

Today my friend Tiffany, who has a little boy Donovan, watched Cooper. After he got home and was going down for a nap he randomly says, "I no more hit Donovan today." Thinking it odd he mentions this I reply, "Cooper, did you hit Donovan at all today?" He responds with a worried voice "What Tiffany tell you that?" Again I ask, "Cooper, did you hit Dono today?" He shakes his head no with a guilty face and then says, "ask me about that the truth I'm telling." So I say, "Cooper, are you telling me the truth, which he replies very matter-of-fact, "no."

hmmm... we still need to work on this!

4 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

How do kids know how to lie. I hate that they know so young. We are having Lie problems in our house. We have been taking a toy away for each lie. So far so toys have been taken away today.

Kas said...

That is SOOO Cooper. And even though its naughty, its pretty cute :) At least he understands the concept of what 'truth' means

The Harry Herald said...

Hey! We're moving to your neck of the woods. You're going to have to give us the VA lowdown. Good luck with those babies!

marissa said...

I love it! He is too funny! I just had to get all caught up with you. How exciting that the babies are coming soon! Good luck with everything. I just read Jenn's blog and found out they will be moving closer to you. How fun!