I got everyone in the car and took Cooper to the Pediatrician's office in hopes that they could superglue him up, but they said that he needed stitches because it was jagged and deep and I had to take him to the ER, yuck! Adrienne thought it was cool that it looked like an upsidedown letter A.
I had my camera in my purse, so while we waited and waited I took a few photos of course! The kids were pretty bored and as you can see, the pay phone (I didn't realize those still existed:)was their entertainment. Ryan came, but had to be back for a Conference call and luckily I reached Adrienne's friend's mom and she took them home (some playdate that was).
Cooper was happy and you'd never think that he was in need of stitches. He liked the bed in the ER that went up and down and we watch a bunch of cartoons and waited for the doctor. He kept asking, "Where doctor is?"
My happy little boy started getting upset when they put him in this papoose/straight jacket looking thing to hold him down and turned hysterical when the doctor stuck a needle in his chin to numb it. Somehow the doctor put in 4 stitches and as soon as we got him loose and I was holding him he calmed down very quickly and wanted a lollipop (I guess he thought going to the ER was like going to the bank or getting a haircut or something:) I told him I'd get him an ice cream, which I did, but he ended up falling asleep with it in his lap on my way to pick up Adrienne. It was a long Monday!

4 comments:
Poor Cooper! Im waiting for Jaxxens turn since he loves to climb on EVERYTHING! Im also sure that wont be coopers last! lol. Anyways cant wait to see you guys!
Oh you poor thing! What an adventurous day. Poor Cooper always has something going on on the poor little body of his. It did not shock me at all when I turned to your page and found Cooper had yet another battle wound. He is such a little trooper.
Bwhahaha. "I Still Live with my Parents"
Could that T-shirt get any cooler?
Oh my goodness. This is the second post that I have sat down and read today of friends with little boys who headed off to get stitches! Poor things!
Post a Comment