Saturday, June 28, 2008
Bacteria
We were driving in the car the other day and Adrienne asked me, "Do you have to pay for bacteria?" I could not think of what in the world she could be talking about... I asked her what she meant and she kept saying, "you know for the bacteria, do you have to bring money for it or what?" I was puzzled until she adamantly said "you know, at school, the bacteria!!!" It helped to have a little context and realized quickly that she was referring to the school cafeteria! I told her yes you do have to bring your own money and that the correct name for it is the cafeteria. I think that school lunch may have improved, but from what I remember from school lunch days, bacteria may not be too far off! (what do you think Uncle Joey, don't you eat the "Bacteria" food at your elementary school?:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I eat the "bacteria" at my school sometimes, and I usually regret it!
We endured the Thanksgiving "bacteria" lunch this year. I feel bad for the kids that eat that every day.
Ugh. It's a great nickname for it! :)
We should go on a field trip with our kids one of these days. We tend to go places last minute. But I may call you! It would be fun to get together.
Love it. That's hilarious. I'm coming to town July 24th. Will you be around that weekend? I'd love to see you!
I love it. Liz cried forever about a choo-choo. I thought she wanted a train and kept putting her off. Finally I realized she was asking me to get her tutu for dance class.
Yep "bacteria" Adrienne, you got it right. We should call it the bacteria cafeteria. Has a good ring to it. Don't ya think?
Post a Comment