Our week class came to an end today and Emily and I are now in possession of a little yellow laminated card! The card will allow us to rent a scull and go out on the water by ourselves. We plan on getting out on the water again soon!

Today one of the guys in our class flipped his scull and ended up in the water. I didn't see it happen, but realized someone had gone overboard when I saw our instructor zipping along in his little motor boat. I looked in the direction he was headed and saw an overturned scull with someone hanging on, but couldn't tell who it was. I scanned the water to figure out who had fallen in and couldn't see Emily. I kept thinking in my head, "please don't be Emily, please don't be Emily, please don't be Emily" and then I started thinking, "Oh no, I think Emily went over!" When I finally spotted her rowing I was so relieved she hadn't taken a swim!
Adrienne has begged every morning to come down and watch "Mommy row on the Potomac" so they came and watched the end of my class and took some pictures...

This week I got a few glimpses of the "zen of rowing" that our instructor Joe kept asking if we were finding. I'll need to get out there more before I'm sweeping across the water completely relaxed with the baby ducks splashing and the fish jumping, but I'm headed in the right direction:)



7 comments:
Very cool!! I'm impressed- you didn't fall in the water and you look like a pro!!!
Congratulations! That sounds like a ton of hard work and fun too though!
Wow! You are brave!!!! I hope it was zen-ful. :) I would love to do that if I could get some of those news stories of the rowers dying in the potomac out of my head. Very cool, though.
That's so cool! Congratulations and I hope you get more zen rowing:) PS Can you tell Heather Pollei to invite me to her blog? LOL
Way to go Amanda. I wish I were there just to watch you. We miss you guys. Loved the pictures of the beach house. It brings back great memories.
You are so impressive!! Way to go!
Crangrats! Way to go!!
Post a Comment