Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy 9 months...



It's hard to believe these little dudes have been out of my stomach longer than they were in!

All of the cute individual pictures were taken by my friend Emily who watched the babies this morning. I know, she's an amazing friend, watching my babies and getting some great shots of the boys!

I love that she got a picture of Oliver sucking his fingers. Though I would rather he didn't suck his fingers, he does and now I have it caught on camera! For those who know me, you know I'm an anti-thumbsucker and go to great lengths to get my babies to take a pacifier (you can get rid of a pacifier, not a thumb). So, I'm not sure about Mr. Oliver... is he an obedient, loving little guy because he's not sucking his thumb and signing I love you or rebellious because he's sucking not one, but two fingers...hmmmm

Oliver is scooching along like a little inch worm. He raises his bum in the air and gets on his knees and then lunges himself forward... he'll repeat this until he gets a specific toy or remote he's eyeing. Sullivan is our rollie polllie and has not found much interest in trying to crawl. He's scooched himself backward on his belly while on the wood floor, but it seems this has been more on accident. He rolls to get here and there, but is pretty content just sitting and playing. Maybe Oliver gets around better because he's smaller and with Sullivan there is more to lug around?!

Oliver has cut 3 teeth and Sullivan has cut 6. They both stopped nursing about a week ago. They've slept through the night for months (typically 7:30pm to 5 or 6am)

They are eating lots of baby foods and so far have been willing to eat all of the cereal, fruits and veggies we've introduced. They are just starting to eat finger foods, but have not figured their pincher grasp yet.

I love hearing them talk and make noises... they are loud, especially while in church, early in the morning in their cribs and while I'm on the phone they take it up a notch! They love jumping in their jumparoo (Sully especially goes to town), baths, Adrienne and Cooper playing with them and giving us big smiles that make us think "we have the cutest babies in the world!" I know all parents think that about their kids:) They are generally happy guys, which makes the never-ending care they need doable!

They have their 9 month check-up tomorrow and I'll be interested in seeing what the doctor say... they seem to be about a month behind other babies their age, which is to be expected since they were early. I'll also be interested to see how much they weigh... anyone have any guesses?

8 comments:

E said...

They are truly adorable!!!

christy said...

Soooo cute. And Luke does the same thing with his fingers and I have to admit, I think it's adorable. He turns three in a little over a week and he still does it when he's sleepy and I can't bear to make him stop yet.

Kas said...

They are so cute! I forgot they were born on the 3rd like my Oakley, so today is Oakley's 1 month mark! I really can't believe they are 9 months already and even more, I can't believe I haven't met them yet! :( That pic at the bottom of Sullivan is seriously adorable. But they are all cute! Love you guys!

The McArthur Family said...

So LOVE the new blog design. And LOVE the pics of those adorable baby boys!

Jones said...

They are so cute! And I'm finding it harder and harder to tell them apart...

daveandlisa said...

So cute! If they're 9 months old that means that we've been gone for 9 months and it just doesn't seem like that long ago. I miss all of you guys so much!!!!! Your boys are adorable!

Unknown said...

Your boys are so CUTE! I have never made a comment on the blog but I love reading it and looking at all your pictures... You are amazing, keeping it updated and taking care of your little ones!

Jessica said...

Adorable. Twin boys are such a joy!