Wednesday, June 24th marked Oliver and Sullivan's 3 week birthday. The past three weeks have seemed sort of not real. It's been strange to have doubled our children, but still only have two at home and two at the hospital. I will not be missing the schedule I've had...
7:40am drive to hospital
8am Sullivan's feeding
8:30am Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes to get something done (eat, blog twin pics, return phone calls) and back to the hospital
11am Sullivan's feeding
11:30am Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
2pm Sullivan's feeding
2:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
5pm Sullivan's feeding
5:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
8pm Sullivan's feeding
8:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
start all over again in the morning
I can not complain about our 3 weeks! It kind of seems like a blur and really went by quite quickly. The boys had some complications, but nothing compared to what a lot of the NICU parents were going through up there. The more babies I have the more emotional/hormonal I get (ask Ryan, he'll agree) and I found myself tearing up as I saw other mom's and dad's visiting their babies, some still not being to hold them and their look of concern in their eyes. I couldn't hold Sullivan for 4 days and it was horrible. I couldn't imagine going a month or more. One lady came and visited the NICU nurses with her son, who is now almost two, when I was there. When he was born he weighed 2.5 pounds and had spent 100 days in the NICU. When I heard her say 100 days, our 21 day stint didn't seem too bad!
This would have been much harder if we hadn't had so much help and service rendered from good friends, fellow church members and neighbors! The amount of help I had with the kids was so needed so I could be with the boys and SO appreciated! A special thanks to Tiffany who was a dedicated and wonderful taxi driver for the kids (so glad you have the van) and everything else you've done. A special thanks to all of those who watched Mr. Cooper! He loved having "playdates" and would wake up each morning asking, "who's house am I going to today?" Adrienne was still in school and was a little upset when Cooper would brag to her about all of the fun things he did at his playdates and poor her "always had to go to school!"
A BIG thanks to all those who brought meals! On a lot of days that was the only time I really saw the kids and Ryan and it was so nice to just sit down and eat as a family (minus the babies:) and not have to worry about dinner or much grocery shopping.
The boys were well taken care of in the NICU and I appreciated all of the wonderful doctors and nurses. I loved them even more when they told us we could take them home on Wednesday... a great 3 week birthday present I thought!

What's with the matching clothes?
At 21 days Sullivan is weighing in at 7 lbs 1.8 oz and Oliver is weighing in at 5lbs 1.2 oz

Who are these people taking us home? Do they know what they're doing?

Riding home in the van that our parents bought just because of us!
7:40am drive to hospital
8am Sullivan's feeding
8:30am Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes to get something done (eat, blog twin pics, return phone calls) and back to the hospital
11am Sullivan's feeding
11:30am Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
2pm Sullivan's feeding
2:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
5pm Sullivan's feeding
5:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
about 45 minutes and back to the hospital
8pm Sullivan's feeding
8:30pm Oliver's feeding
drive home from hospital
pump
start all over again in the morning
I can not complain about our 3 weeks! It kind of seems like a blur and really went by quite quickly. The boys had some complications, but nothing compared to what a lot of the NICU parents were going through up there. The more babies I have the more emotional/hormonal I get (ask Ryan, he'll agree) and I found myself tearing up as I saw other mom's and dad's visiting their babies, some still not being to hold them and their look of concern in their eyes. I couldn't hold Sullivan for 4 days and it was horrible. I couldn't imagine going a month or more. One lady came and visited the NICU nurses with her son, who is now almost two, when I was there. When he was born he weighed 2.5 pounds and had spent 100 days in the NICU. When I heard her say 100 days, our 21 day stint didn't seem too bad!
This would have been much harder if we hadn't had so much help and service rendered from good friends, fellow church members and neighbors! The amount of help I had with the kids was so needed so I could be with the boys and SO appreciated! A special thanks to Tiffany who was a dedicated and wonderful taxi driver for the kids (so glad you have the van) and everything else you've done. A special thanks to all of those who watched Mr. Cooper! He loved having "playdates" and would wake up each morning asking, "who's house am I going to today?" Adrienne was still in school and was a little upset when Cooper would brag to her about all of the fun things he did at his playdates and poor her "always had to go to school!"
A BIG thanks to all those who brought meals! On a lot of days that was the only time I really saw the kids and Ryan and it was so nice to just sit down and eat as a family (minus the babies:) and not have to worry about dinner or much grocery shopping.
The boys were well taken care of in the NICU and I appreciated all of the wonderful doctors and nurses. I loved them even more when they told us we could take them home on Wednesday... a great 3 week birthday present I thought!
What's with the matching clothes?
At 21 days Sullivan is weighing in at 7 lbs 1.8 oz and Oliver is weighing in at 5lbs 1.2 oz
Who are these people taking us home? Do they know what they're doing?
Riding home in the van that our parents bought just because of us!

18 comments:
congrats! I still can't believe they're here...has it really been 3 weeks!?
Wow! I can't believe your incredible journey so far...I'm so amazed at your ability to just push through and have an amazing attitude about it all. Congratulations to you both, I'm so happy that they're finally home.
We are so happy for you all. I'm sure your car is ready for a break, from drive back and forth. Take care rest up and call if you need someone to wisk Cooper away
Congratulations! I am so glad they are home. I am still on bedrest waiting for our time at the hospital. I will be 31 weeks on Sunday woohoo!! We are getting to the stage where they are so much safer. I also ended up with gestational diabetes, it sucks!! I was shocked since I have only gained 20 pounds, but I guess it is what it is. Is yours gone? I hope so so I can look forward to cookies soon. So glad you are all home now. I love to read because you are my example for twins. Can't wait to see our little ones. Have fun with them.
congrats amanda!!! wow they look amazing!
So sweet Amanda! I am happy for you and those sweet little guys. Take care, and good luck!
Congratulations! They are so cute. I love their long toes.:)
gotta love the swaddling. i'm not sure how we would survive without it. we're so excited that you finally have the whole family together. what an incredible feeling that must be. :)
yeah!! congratulations!!
I am so glad to hear that they are finally home! If you need any help with anything just let me know. Cant wait to meet the little guys.
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You will surely be in our prayers as you make the transition to full-time home care. We love you guys and are so happy for you! We would be delighted to have Cooper and/or Adrienne over any ol' time if you and the twins need some time to yourselves.
I'm so excited that they are home!! How fun for you all! I bet you will be glad that Adrienne is home to help you!
That's quite an amazing journey you've had already with the twins. Crazy! Sorry I haven't said anything sooner. My computer cord stopped working and the battery was dead and then on top of moving, closing on our house, putting in new flooring, and moving into the house I haven't been able to touch my computer for so long. I feel so out of touch. I'm so sad that we just barely missed you having the babies. I wish I could've been there to help you, but it sounds like you had plenty of people around. Your little boys are so cute and so tiny! We miss all of you guys so much!!!! It's just not the same without all our friends.
congratulations! how wonderful to be home all together!
Wow! Congrats! That sounded exhausting!
I'm so happy they are home with you now! Hope you all get settled in together soon so you can just enjoy your family! Congrats!
YAY YAY YAY! They are so cute and those pics of the kids holding them are priceless! I'm dying to come see them but I know you already have a lot planned! Talk soon!
We are so happy for you! The pictures and commentary are great.
Post a Comment