Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bethany Beach, Delaware



We had planned to go to the beach for at least a day when Joey and Jessie were here. Ryan ended up going to Chicago for work during the time I thought we'd go (SOOOOO nice to have Joey and Jessie there to help out while he was gone!) Luckily he was able to take off Monday, August17th so we could all go. We packed up our 8 passenger van with the 8 of us and were off. Three hours later we made it to the beach.



Believe you me, if Joey and Jessie weren't there to help with the big kids Ryan and I would have lasted 5 minutes! Between the sand, heat, dragging a double stroller through the sand, two endlessly hungry babies, two hyperactive children, Cooper's endless potty trips, trying to keep the sand out of the food and a smile on our face... we needed all hand on deck! The ratio of one adult to one child was needed!



After playing in the waves all day we hit a candy/ice cream shop for some treats!

4 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

I really like Ryan's pose in that last picture :) P.S. Move to california so I can help you with your sweet babies.

Amy Heath said...

I commend you...I don't know how you do it, with a smile on your face. What a beautiful family. Saw Joey and Jessie at Hallie's wedding, they said it was a blast, and GREAT birth control!!

burton family said...

You are so brave! Having only three it took me a few months to get out and try to manage all the kids anywhere other than the park. The beach...that's just...wow! good job you hard working momma.

Robyn said...

Looks like it was a fun outing. I'm proud of you guys!! Oh and that last picture of Cooper and Ryan posing- nice. =0)